Sunday, February 20

 

Ideas

This, after reading through Seth Godin's Bad ideas Post and forcing myself to think a bit on some stuff that passed my mind ages ago. Web forms to me were something I came across everyday. Godin's idea may be subject to intelligent debate by people much more conversant in usability theory than I am. But I remember the first time I signed up for something on the web, ages ago, I had to fill in things like race and gender. Race's very presence was offensive and the drop down list for gender had only male and female in it. Some web services do have options like other and/or do not reveal but mandatory fields like this only go on to enforce conformity upon those who do not wish to.

Tags: , .

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?